xmlns:fb='http://ogp.me/ns/fb#' Whitefeather Meats Lifestyle (Primal Style): Day 18 Food Log 3/9/12 and what exactly is PINK SLIME?

Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 18 Food Log 3/9/12 and what exactly is PINK SLIME?



Breakfast was 4 Whole Organic Eggs, Whitefeather Peppered Bacon, and some Whitefeather Bison Hotdog meat from Bison Hotdogs that were made the previous day.  I had Black Phoenix Coffee to drink.

Breakfast was quite filling and I didn't have anything to eat until dinner which was at Longhorn.  I typically don't get excited about going to eat at restaurants that don't take pride in their meat/ food sources.  I got the meal pictured above which was the Tomato Basil Chicken with 2 servings of vegetables.  The meal was as good as you would expect.  I personally never get beef products at restaurants that cannot tell me the source of the meat because more times than not it is likely raised on a feedlot with antibiotics and hormones.  It is sad to see restaurants today have no idea where their food comes from.  (My rant for the day.)

I had two packages of my new love "Beef Smokies" from Whitefeather.  I had these at the College of Wooster basketball game rather than any of the concession stand food.  I also had a glass of Hartzlers Whole milk before bed.

*****FYI:  PINK SLIME ALERT!!!  I have seen here and there on the news recently talk about "Pink Slime" in meat.  Pink slime is actually beef or meat "parts" that are ground up so finely you cannot tell what it even was to begin with.  The reason that meat processors do this is because they are typically grinding up glands, hearts, tongues, arteries, gristle, fat, tendons, blood clots, bone scraps and then probably some beef.  They do this because when you buy meat you pay for it by the pound.  Right?  If they can sell you all that other garbage in your "beef" then they make more money from you.  I forgot to mention that the big time meat processors are also spraying their ground beef products with ammonia gas and also carbon monoxide gas in order to kill any bacteria and to color the meat.  Very, very, very sad.  We wonder why people are so sick nowadays.  GOOD NEWS THOUGH!!!  Whitefeather does not have any pink slime.  If you buy our ground beef or any ground products, you are actually getting awesome quality beef without gristle, tendons, glands or any of that other stuff, just pure beef.  Trust me, I am the one doing the processing.  Whitefeather does not use any chemicals because our processing is sanitary and does not require us to spray chemicals to kill bacteria, we are just very meticulous when it comes to meat processing.  Anyway, I hope this was helpful to you.  Stay away from the pink slime.

4 comments:

  1. Pink slime - Just another reason to avoid grossery store meat! Hey, I can watch my butcher's work - you won't find a big window on a CAFO. BTW, where did Longhorns get the chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you think the chicken comes from? Unless that chicken source was pasture-raised, the end result is the same feed-lot product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chicken that Whitefeather Meats has is Bell and Evans Chicken and it is raised without antibiotics or hormones and is not dipped in chlorine. Whitefeather Meats knows where all of their meats come from and how the animals were raised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chicken at Longhorn is another story altogether. I never said I chose the chicken because I believed it was great quality. I had to make do with what I had. Not my first choice obviously.

    ReplyDelete