xmlns:fb='http://ogp.me/ns/fb#' Whitefeather Meats Lifestyle (Primal Style): Day 40 3/31/12

Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 40 3/31/12

40 days already.  Doesn't seem like I have been doing this diet for that long.  It sure hasn't been difficult.

Breakfast was Steak and Eggs, Filet Mignon at Whitefeather and some Organic Eggs grilled up after a great morning workout.  Black Phoenix Coffee to drink.  I also had 2 glasses of Hartzlers Whole Milk.

Lunch was another big salad, red peppers, broccoli, and topped with Whitfeather Pork Pizza brats.  Water to drink.

Dinner I had a Chipotle Salad with double chicken, both beans, 2 types of salsa, cheese and I topped in with Plain FULL FAT Greeak Yogurt.  Water to drink.  I have 2 complaints surrounding this meal.

1.  Buehlers apparently believes FAT is poisonous and they advertise everything that is low fat or no fat like it was sent to earth on a Gold Platter.  Guess what Buelers.....if something is low fat or no fat there is a pretty good chance that it is full of carbs, sugar or chemicals your body can't even digest.  FAT DOES NOT MAKE YOU FAT!!!!  Anyway, I did find a container of Greek Yogurt that had fat in it. 1 container only.

2.  Chipotle also frustrated me.  The girl serving up my food decided to barely give me any meat or beans or anything else I wanted.  I literally got half as much of each item as I typically am given.  Apprently she was either going to save Chipotle money by giving half portions of food out or she just thought I was there to see her and not really hungry at all.  Oh well, my Greek yogurt helped fill in the gaps of that meal anyway.  I also learned from a wise old sage a few months ago that Greek Yogurt tastes identical to sour cream except the yogurt is full of good stuff.....try it sometime.

I am considering changing my weigh in day to Friday each week and possibly weighing in every 2 weeks rather than every week.  As I said before this diet is not about weight loss but about fat loss and if I get too tied up looking at the scale all the time I might focus more on the numbers than the mirror.  I will know for sure tomorrow what my plans will be.

The morning workout was pretty intense.  We had about 5 guys show up, one new guy who was broke in the hard way too.

We did a circuit of

Pull ups
Deadlifts with 225lbs
50lb Dumbbell Swings
Push ups
Sit ups
Sled pushes

I did all exercises for 10 reps, 8 reps, 6 reps, 8 reps, 10 reps.

No rest, Very intense.  Very fun.

Try crossfit out if you get a chance, you will enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Couple things about this blog I love: 1) You keeps going 2)you're really focusing on REAL food and thinking outside of the mainstream 3)You've made exercise part of your daily life.

    This post made me laugh with your comment on Chipotle. Happens to my husband all the time and he flat out asks if they can put a little more on there.

    Also, I was in Whitefeather a couple weeks ago and wanted to tell you how awesome you are doing, but I had my 2 toddlers w/ me and stopping to talk to someone doesn't work well (I'm sure you understand that). Keep up the great work!!

    And just for a brief plug, I have degree in exercise science and I'm a health coach for a leading insurance company. I hate having to coach based on USDA and American Heart Association guidelines. You and I both know they are crap :-)

    ReplyDelete